Sunday, December 9, 2007

Big Giveaway, Real Prize: RuffBook Water Resistant Laptop!

Ok, with a college aged child, this RuffPC concept really has me intrigued. And I can't count the number of times my daughters laptop has come home with new dents, missing keys, split adapter cords, and scratches. My stomache would curl everytime I see this. And often times I would think gosh they really need to create something rugged to endure this abuse.

Well I just chanced upon a giveaway that has definately caught my attention. The Thinking Blog is offering a laptop contest for what I would call the prize of the year! The RuffBook Tech laptop PC! Forget other contests and sweepstakes. This is the biggie! Why? Because they offer a prize that is certainly not going to sit on a shelf and gather dust. It is going to get a nice rugged workout.

So what makes the Ruffbook Tech Laptop so durable?. For starters, the magnesium alloy casing is the first thing to look at. This casing is built to survive under harsh conditions where ordinary laptops fail. Water resitance is also another goood point. Gosh I am certain that my daughters laptop has been exposed to endless late night caffiene fixes. Sigh.... While looking under some of their product specs I saw some other interesting points. How does a Shock-mounted Hard Drive hit ya? (No pun intended.)

And check out the enviornment of a model I looked up:

Environment- Temperature: IEC 68-2-1,2,14 / MIL-STD-810F, Method 501.4, 502.4 (Operating: 0°C to 50°C or optional -20°C to 50°C, Non-operating: -20°C to 70°C)
- Humidity: According to IEC 68-2-30 / MIL-STD-810F, Method 507. 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: According to IEC 68-2-13 / MIL-STD-810F, Method 500.4 (Operating: 15,000ft, Non-operating: 40,000ft, Altitude change rate: 2,000 ft/min)
- Shock: According to IEC 68-2-27 / MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5 (Operating: 15g, 11 ms, half sine wave, Non-operating: 50g, 11 ms, half sine wave)
- Vibration: According to IEC 68-2-6 / Mil-Std 810F Method 514.5. Operating: 10~55Hz/0.075mm, 55~500Hz/1.0g, Non-operating: 10~55Hz/0.15mm, 55~500Hz/2.0g
- Drop: According to IEC 68-2-32 / MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5, 3 Feet height free drop 26 times on to plywood
- Regulation: FCC part 15, Subpart B, Class B, UL, CUL, TUV, CE

This giveaway ends December 20th, so don't waste any time and enter now. Don't forget to check out The Thinking Blog to see how you can own this durable and heaven sent laptop.

No comments: